Saturday, February 13, 2010

International Badge Day is coming up!

"Fellowship, leadership, and a lifelong commitment to community service are the daily themes in the lives of sorority women—from our college members to alumnae.

On Monday, March 1, these women who number in the millions will celebrate International Badge Day during National Women’s History Month. On that day, all of us will honor our separate and distinct Greek affiliations by wearing our badges or letters."

I'll be honest, when among non-AOIIs, I am often guilty of trying to downplay my sorority membership and alum involvement. But on Badge Day, I wear my AOII pin with pride. I start off the day expecting strange looks from coworkers, and yes that has happened, but every year I usually find at least one coworker or acquaintance with a "hidden" sorority affiliation - and am always surprised by the great conversations that get started (and compliments) by wearing my badge.

I encourage all Boston AOIIs to wear their badges on March 1, feel free to come back and post a Badge Day story!
-Laurel, Programming Co-Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment